SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2017
Join us for a community-wide town hall on November 11, 2017, to talk about the future of Isla Vista, and the community issues you care about the most.
- Sign up for meetings in advance and receive and email reminder
In November of 2016, the voters of Isla Vista approved Measure E2016 with 87% in support, establishing the Isla Vista Community Services District (IVCSD). The IVCSD is a special district under California Government Code that has the power to provide the following municipal services in Isla Vista:
- Infrastructure improvements: Construct and maintain sidewalks, lighting, gutters and trees.
- Landlord/Tenant mediation: Create a program to mediate disputes between tenants and their residential property owners and managers.
- Community facilities: Create and maintain facilities such as community centers, libraries, theaters, cultural facilities, and child care facilities.
- Parking district: Create a parking district to increase and restrict the supply of public parking.
- Public safety programs: Partner with the University of California police department or the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office for police protection services.