Find attached the agenda and attachments for the Isla Vista Community Services District Policy Committee on May 9th, 2017. The Formation Committee meeting will be at 10:00am in the Community Conference Room at 970 Embarcadero Del Mar, behind Naan Stop.
The Formation Committee will be discussing:
1. Continue to discuss, design and approve a format for a document to guide the work of the Formation Commission.
2. Consider Request for Proposals for legal services, approve and return to the Board of Directors for final approval, prior to its release.
3. Consider Request for Proposals for a General Manager, approve and return to the Board of Directors for final approval, prior to its release.
4. Discuss the process to solicit information from the Special District Risk Management Authority and a presentation by the Authority in order to assess the insurance needs of the District. Consider solicitation from other providers in order to file applications for competitive pricing and services.
5. Consider devising a work plan to expand the District intern program.
6. Receive update on assignment of Treasury/Accounting Fund number #3480 and title: IV Comm Serv Dist-Gen Fund (limited to 30 characters).
7. Discuss accounting services for the district.
8. Begin discussion of a process to adopt a budget for the remainder of FY 2016-17 and a budget for FY 2017-18 and future budget cycles. See GC Code Sections 61110-61119
9. Continue discussion of strategies to raise revenues to fund IVCSD operations as outlined in the document Strategies for Revenue for the IVCSD.
10. Discuss Formation Committee Directors availability for scheduled regular meeting dates of every first and third Friday at 10:00, 970 Embarcadero Del Mar.
11. Suggestions of agenda items for the next formation committee meeting.
Please share with your networks!
The next Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors is scheduled for May 16, 2017, at 6:00 PM in the Community Room, 970 Embarcadero del Mar.
This is not an official communication of the Isla Vista Community Services District, this information is being distributed by the Isla Vista Self Governance Initiative.
Thank you and hope to see you at the board meeting! We encourage full public participation in our newly found self governance.